Wednesday, May 25, 2011

2 year rewind.

The following is an excerpt from my journal last year :
May 17th, 2010

Today, I am celebrating...yes, I said celebrating, being in Montgomery for one year. I am rejoicing and radiant over the goodness of the Lord in my life. I came here a year ago crying bitter tears and asking for a way out.  Today, I find myself crying tears of joy.  Tears that leaves tracks of thankfulness on my smiling face.  His love and grace are relentless and have expressed itself in new and furious ways to my soul.  I've learned to hear your voice. To not only to hear, but heed, your "No's". To wait. Patiently. To be joyful...really truly deeply joyful. There is still so much to learn...this is only the beginning.
 "You satisfy the longing soul and fill the hungry with good things."


"For the Lord of hosts has purposed and who can annul it? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?" Isaiah 14

This week marks year 2 of being here.  And I can still say that I am thankful and joyful and even more assured that this is the place he longs to meet me and use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment