Tuesday, July 6, 2010

portion.



Before I left last week, I asked the Lord for a word for my time in Asia.

That word was “portion.”

I wasn’t sure what that meant, but I was about to find out.

Soon after I arrived I immediately began to feel overwhelmed and unsure. I am not a teacher, nor have I been to Asia before. The thoughts of leading a team of teachers in a place I had never been engulfed my mind. “Why did they let me do this?” was the question I kept asking myself. My heart literally raced for days. This, along with exhaustion from the journey over more time zones than I care to count resulted in no sleep…for 4 whole days.

During these sleepless nights and the days that followed, I resonated deeply with these words…

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever…” Psalm 73:26

He is enough. For this moment. For this hour. For this day. It is God who works in me. For his good pleasure. And I could rejoice in those sleepless nights...for it is in them that I learned this truth for myself.

I am happy to say I have been sleeping! And that I no longer am unsure of why God has brought me here. It is for a purpose. A good one. It is here, in this culture and in this context that He is making me more like Him and less like myself. And for that I am thankful.

{Quick update}
We are one day away from being finished with our training. My team is WONDERFUL! 8 girls and 2 guys...full of 10 different personalities and giftings. We have had some good times and I've experienced many a thing for the first time...hey, when in Asia right?!

I am ecstatic about this team connecting with the students we come in contact with that they may know grace, love, mercy and truth. We've all been changed by grace...and can't help but give it away.

Continue to pray for our teams, for protection, for favor and wisdom and for the hearts of people to awaken to something divine.

1 comment: