Saturday, July 24, 2010

thoughts from the 13th floor.


{people everywhere :: mong kok ladie's market}

As I write this, I am sitting in my 13th floor bedroom that overlooks a portion of the city. As the clock ticks close to 6:30 pm lights are beginning to shine through apartment windows and reflect off city streets....these are my thoughts:

7,000,000 + people live in this city that spans over 4 primary districts and is six times the size of Washington DC. It's a city that blends east and west and a global city rich in influence.

As I walk the people saturated streets of Hong Kong I can't help but wonder how many of them are searching for something they can't quite put there finger on. With only 5% of the population professing faith in Christ, that leaves room for a lot of speculation. Prestige, power and wealth is the fuel that runs this beautiful, tropical, urban metropolis...it's nearly impossible to miss.

I know I am here for a purpose...even if that means knowing how to pray for a place specifically. I pray that this city would awaken to grace. That individual lives would be transformed. That the Kingdom would come to the greatest and least of these. That God would continue to raise up His people in this place. There is something divinely distinctive about this place...He is ushering His Spirit into Asia and I believe this city is one of the gateways He is using to make His name famous in Asia and all the world.

The time I have spent here has served to remind me the truth that the gospel and the longing to be filled, restored and reconciled resides in all people. Regardless of who or where they are. They deserve to hear and know what is theirs in Christ. Pray people would hear, and not only hear but believe. "For belief comes from hearing and hearing from the word of God."

Pray for Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment