Friday, May 7, 2010

HK.

Hong Kong Time Lords from Euan Preston on Vimeo.



Some of you know this, but for those of you who do not I have an opportunity to spend 6 weeks in HONG KONG this summer! I am absolutely ecstatic about finally making my way to "the orient" and investing in the lives of college students as they teach english and share life with a hundred or so middle and high school Chinese students. My role is being a leader for an amazing team of American college students from all over the US...I get to serve students and encourage them on their journey AND engage with the people of HK...how great is that!?

God is funny. If one of those jobs I really wanted somewhere else had worked out I would not have this opportunity to go and do something that is such a desire of my heart and I am so confident that this is where God wants me from June 29th-August 8th. My heart is to see people awaken to grace, and what they are passionate about and do it to the glory of God. That's what I'm going to get to see during my 6 weeks in Asia and I could not be more excited!

In order to go, I'm raising support (and working extra!) if you'd like to support me (or just know more about what I'm doing/who I'm going with) please shoot me an email and I can get you hooked up! email: rachbeers09@gmail.com

I will be sharing my journey right here during my time there...so be sure to check it for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment