Tuesday, April 6, 2010

beautiful things.



I'm known to "overplay" songs...I've been known to press the repeat button on several occasions and make those in my company endure a song "One more time!" i.e. U2, Brooke Fraser and most recently this song. In this case, I've also posted it on my gmail, twitter and various facebook friend's walls...i love it that much. Who knows, you may hate it. Detest it actually and if you do...excusez-moi. The lyrics, to me at least, are just what I need to believe and be reminded of in this place. It asks the questions we all ask in different seasons and circumstance (or are afraid to ask). We wonder if things could really be different? Can things change? Do we really believe He can do ____? Ultimately, if I can ask the same questions that the Israelites asked in the 4o years of zigzagging through the desert: "Can the Lord spread a table in the wilderness?" In the end, this song turns my heart to the hope and promise we have that yes, He can. He is making all things new! You. Me. Us. Now. Today. Tomorrow. Forever and ever...Amen! Take a listen...then listen again...and again and again...or not.

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll even find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

No comments:

Post a Comment