Wednesday, March 31, 2010

hump day, favorite day.

In honor of Wednesday, otherwise known as Hump Day, which commemorates the middle of the week and the resulting downhill slide to Friday, I've decided I am going to make Hump Day "Favorite Day" on my blog. I'll be posting a couple of things from the past 7 days that have made me laugh, cry, smile or a combination of all of the above. Enjoy!

Here we go....


1. When I was in 1st grade, I wanted to be an astronaut. My dream died the day I found out astronauts had to be smart in math and science. Also, there was something about a height requirement? I'm still waiting to know if that is true, or just what mom said to get my mind off black holes and "space food" and decide to be a storm chaser instead. (Which was also a short-lived aspiration) Anyway, Buzz Aldrin (the man who walked on the moon and uttered those famous words, "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"), is not only a renowned astronaut (and pitiful to watch on Dancing with the Stars), but he is now a rapper. With Snoop. Don't believe me? See it for yourself...



2. There's a new coffee shop in my city. It's called "Gallery Coffee" It's part art gallery part coffee shop. I'm excited about it because every other independent coffee shop in Montgomery has closed. So, let's lift our lattes to hoping this one stays awhile.

3. Andrew Garcia performing "Forever" on American Idol.


4. Psalm 118. It's always been a favorite of mine and I was reminded by a friend that it was this psalm that most people believe Jesus and the disciples sang at the Last Supper before Jesus was arrested. Reading it with that in mind just gives it a whole new meaning. It's beautiful.

5. Days With My Father. This is a photo essay that left me in a puddle of tears. I've been told I'm "overly emotional" and have been known to cry at the end of movies like "27 Dresses" (which is clearly not a sad movie) but if you don't at least feel a bit of emotion welling up inside after reading/looking through this...you may need some emotional help. Just sayin'.

6. Jeremy Cowart's photo essay "Voices of Haiti" (No. 32) ...this photo has been one of my favorites so far. It's hope. It's joy. It's the kingdom.

7. And last, but not least....SPRING IS HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment