Monday, November 2, 2009

what i love about monday's....





I used to not be a fan of Monday, but things have changed.
I made a decision a few months ago since I was going to be in Montgomery for this period of time, I was going to BE THERE--meaning I was going to make the most of my time here and not sit around and wait for something to happen. The biggest blessing by far has been my time tutoring kids at Common Ground http://www.cgmal.org/ I spend at least 2 days a week at their office in the heart of the gump helping kids learn to read, calling out spelling words (c-a-t) and trying to remember how to do 5th grade math (ha!) My favorite moments by far have been talking to them about what they want to be when they grow up (Minnie Mouse was my favorite answer), their favorite memories and what they like. Many of their stories are heart breaking and I leave in tears almost every day, but it's the simple conversations, hugs, listening to their "raps" and learning the latest dance moves that God has given me a glimpse of what it means to dream like a child and have faith like a child-regardless of my circumstances. I had no idea I was going to love it as much as I have...Here's a little peek into what I love about Monday's....

No comments:

Post a Comment