Friday, November 6, 2009

Moldova.

Some of the girls who live at Stella's House. To learn more about Moldova click here

I was given an opportunity last week to go to Moldova with a family who has an amazing ministry there that my church supports. I found out Wednesday that I would be leaving this Tuesday and coming back the 21st! So, it looks like this time next week I will be in a country I didn't know existed 3 months ago with people I have not even met. I'm excited and looking forward to the adventure. Most importantly, I am expectant for what God is going to do during my time there. I am specifically praying about how God can use me to partner with them for his glory in the lives of these precious women in a dreary land. I'd appreciate your prayers as well!

It's very difficult for me to put into words what they are doing, but watch the video I promise it's worth the 6 minutes...

If you're like me, you may have had no idea where Moldova is...I had never heard of it until I read Not For Sale by David Batstone - a book about the horror of human traffiking. Moldova is one of the primary countries for traffiking and is one of the poorest in all of Europe. Most people are unaware of the thousands of orphans who are thrown out on the streets at the age of 16 and trapped into the sex trade (some orphange directors even work with traffikers to make a buck or two) which is one of the most profitable crimes...raking in a grand total of 31 billion annually. The girls I will be with have been rescued by the Cameron family and brought into a home and family they call their own. Their stories are stories of beautiful redemption and a picture of the gospel of grace. I can't wait to share more with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment